CCWG WorkPlan 2011&2012
As per agreed on our CCWG Conference call January 19th, we will post Budget Line Requests as final with Workplan Goal formatting and content to be developed by CCWG members up until the deadline of Thursday, January 27th 9pm. Deadline for coordinator (Kendra) to submit Final WorkPlan and Budget is January 31st.
THE FOLLOWING IS A VERY PRELIMINARY OUTLINE OF WHAT WILL BE SUBMITTED, AND BY NO MEANS THE FINAL PRODUCT. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING POSTED, MAKE EDIT SUGGESTIONS WITH A NOTE UNDER THE ITEM. IF EXTREMELY LENGTHY WE CAN ALSO USE THE DISCUSSION PAGE.
GPCA - CAMPAIGNS & CANDIDATES WORKING GROUP (CCWG) 2011 / 2012 WORK PLAN AND BUDGET PROPOSAL(S)
GPCA Bylaws Section 8-2.1 provides that the Campaigns and Candidates Working Group is charged with facilitating the electoral work of the party -- including: (a) Educating Green Party members about GPCA electoral strategy; (b) Identifying key political campaigns in which Green Party activists can play a pivotal role; (c) Identifying registered Greens who would make credible candidates; (d) Promoting and facilitating effective regional strategies for winning campaigns; (e) Training Green Party activists in methods of waging political campaigns; and (f) Facilitating fundraising operations for GPCA-endorsed electoral campaigns.
BUDGET LINES AS OF JANUARY 2011
Voter Database Project $1500 ALLOCATED - CONFIRM WITH TREASURER!
Campaign Support Fund $200.00
Candidate Training Sessions $750.00
Administrative (mtng copies) $200.00
BUDGET LINE REQUESTS FOR FISCAL YEAR, MAY 1 2011 THROUGH APRIL 30TH 2012
Volunteer recruitment, volunteer coordination and administrative support (Field organizer) $3,600
Donations to campaigns $20,000
Campaign training/consulting for candidates, staff, volunteers (Executive director) $3,600
Voter file database management (Executive director) $3,600
Voter file database software $3,600
Misc Operational Expenses $200
TOTAL CCWG BUDGET REQUEST FOR FISCAL YEAR 2011/2012 $34,600
GENERAL GOALS OF CCWG 2011 / 2012
1) Continue to meet via teleconference every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
2) Continue to discuss ongoing issues relating to our mandate via email.
3) Create documented set of criteria to use when considering candidate funding recommendations
4) Determine which candidate questionnaire to use as standard, or create a new one.
5) Recruit new Campaign Fund Support Committee, AND IF THEY DO NOT CONVENE, SEEKS STEPS TO CHANGE OUR BYLAWS TO DISSOLVE THE COMMITTEE REQUIREMENT THEREBY REVERTING THE RESPONSIBILTY OF FUNDING ALLOCATIONS BACK TO CCWG.
2011 / 2012 QUARTERLY WORK PLAN CALENDAR
JANUARY through MARCH, 2011
1) review and vote on using remaining Voter Database Project budget line for Marnie Glickman’s Green2012 Proposal.
2) review and ask IT to update CCWG webpage.
3) continue to liason with other working groups, committees, and counties in creating the GPCA Strategic Action Plan.
4) Continue search and confirmation of candidate for Special Election 4th Assembly District.
5) Confirm intentions of potential candidates who contacted us RECENTLY.
APRIL THROUGH JUNE 2011
(DG)Candidate Sustainer Form for neighborhood canvassing
(MG) Launch candidate recruiting drive, training for candidates, voter registration drive launch at Plenary.
JULY THROUGH SEPTEMBER 2011
(GJ) CONTINUE CANDIDATE RECRUITMENT THROUGHOUT SUMMER, DEADLINE IS MARCH 9 2012 TO FILE
OCTOBER THROUGH DECEMBER 2011