Requirements, notes, etc on re-designed web site. Please do not edit content here unless given specific authorization by GPCA-IT.
General Look and Feel
- Lighter and less "blocky"
- PHP for all pages.
- Navigation: full menus available from any page
- Templates (CSS or other) for all pages - only content differs
- Complete sitemap
The current plenary pages are a nice start on a layout.
Most current pages already use a "template" (either .shtml or .php) ""and"" use .css for formatting.
- Exception: bylaws
- Exception: grow
Use the (current) "responsibilities" page as a the beginnings of a sitemap.
This is a list of the 'goodies' we need for the site (some of which will also require a companion 'process' for updating:
- List of the most recent press releases (maybe in a 'rotation')
- Some sort of 'latest news' gizmo(s)
- RSS feeds as input to GPCA
- RSS output from GPCA: this may be our press releases and other announcements
- Press clippings: mentions of us/links/etc
This is a list of processes we know we will need for adding/updating content on the new website.
- Basic updates to entire page sets ('the web person for a Committee' sort of thing)
- Updates to some specific section of the Front Page ('Media has this, IT has that, etc')
- Press releases
- Latest news "ticker"
Once we have the requirements, this section can hold the task list and assignments.